Make a public commitment to being an ally for the LGBTQ+ community by downloading, signing, and displaying a pledge to be an ally to the transgender community. The Ally Pledge is self-certifying, and those who sign the pledge make a commitment to upholding the values on the pledge. There is no cost to take the pledge, though we do ask that you complete basic training or all four modules before taking the pledge.
The Ally Pledge
As an ally to the LGBTQ+ community, I will strive for social justice for this community by being an active ally in all areas of my life:
- I pledge to be mindful of my privilege and how it effects the way that I see the world
- I pledge to listen to the needs of my LGBTQ+ loved ones and members of my community. I will only speak on their behalf when they are being targeted or when they ask me to
- I pledge to take every opportunity to learn more about LGBTQ+ identity and the current needs of the community
- I pledge to use my privilege for good by standing up and speaking out, holding my lawmakers accountable, and by striving for social justice when I make purchases
- I pledge to show consistent support for my LGBTQ+ friends, family, and neighbors and to the organizations which support and sustain them
I will be a transition partner, and I take accountability for upholding my pledge and stand in solidarity and support of the LGBTQ+ community.
Sign-Up for Our Mailing List
Let’s stay in touch so that you can get up-to-date information about our organization and the current needs of the transgender community.
Take the next step: Get A Certificate of Completion ›
Did you find this training helpful?
Please consider making a donation to keep this page available for other allies.